Pages

Monday, November 26, 2012

Pumpkin and Bean Crockpot Chili!

I think one of the best things about fall is chili!  So the other night, I decided I needed to make some!  A little late in the fall, I know.  Time fly when you have a new baby!  It was November before I even knew what happened. Anyway, I didn't have any meat on hand so it is a vegetarian dish (if you use veggie broth, of course).


Without further ado, here is the recipe:

Pumpkin and Bean Crockpot Chili

Ingredients
Broth (it doesn't matter, whatever you want to use or have on hand)
1 Cup of Water
1 Cup Lintels
1 Cup of Red Beans
2 Cups of Pumpkin Puree
1 Cup Chopped Onions
2 Tablespoons Honey
1 Tablespoon Molasses
1 Tablespoon Cocoa Powder (not sweetened)
1 teaspoon Chili Powder
1 teaspoon Paprika
1 teaspoon Cumin
1 teaspoon Oregano
Cayenne Pepper to taste

Throw it in a crock pot and let it cook.  If you are going to be around, I cooked it on high for about 2 hours, one hour with the lide off so it would thicken.  If you aren't, put it on as low as possible and let it go!!  I love crockpot recipes!

Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment